Recipe: Orange wine braised chicken
Orange wine braised chicken is a delicious and unique way to prepare chicken, with a sweet and tangy flavour that is perfect for a special occasion or a weeknight dinner. The combination of orange wine, chicken, and vegetables creates a hearty and satisfying dish that is sure to impress.
- 4 chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup orange wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- In a large Dutch oven or oven-safe pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs and cook until browned on all sides, about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery to the pot and cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the orange wine, chicken broth, bay leaf, thyme, and orange slices to the pot. Bring to a simmer.
- Return the chicken thighs to the pot and spoon some of the sauce over them. Cover the pot and place it in the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Remove the pot from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Discard the bay leaf and serve the chicken with the sauce and vegetables.
Enjoy your delicious orange wine braised chicken!