Recipe: Orange Wine Honey Glazed Ham
This Orange Wine and Honey Glazed Ham recipe is a perfect centrepiece for any special occasion or holiday gathering. The orange wine adds a unique flavour to the glaze that pairs perfectly with the sweetness of honey and the saltiness of the ham. This recipe is easy to follow and yields a beautifully glazed ham that is sure to impress your guests.
- 1 ham (5-6 kg), bone-in
- 1 can (250ml) of organic Spanish orange wine
- 1/2 cup (170g) of honey
- 1/2 cup (110g) of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) of Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup (60ml) of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (5g) of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (2g) of ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon (2g) of ground nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 160°C.
- Remove any packaging or netting from the ham, and place it in a large roasting pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the orange wine, honey, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg until well combined.
- Pour the glaze over the ham, using a pastry brush to make sure it is evenly coated.
- Cover the ham with foil and roast in the preheated oven for 2 hours.
- Remove the foil, baste the ham with the glaze, and return it to the oven for an additional 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 70°C.
- Remove the ham from the oven, and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Note: You can use leftover glaze to serve with the sliced ham as a dipping sauce.