Recipe: Orange wine olive oil cake
Orange wine and olive oil cake is a unique and delicious dessert that combines the tangy flavour of orange wine with the richness of olive oil. This recipe is perfect for anyone looking to try something new and adventurous in their baking. The cake is moist and fragrant, and it makes a wonderful addition to any meal or celebration.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange wine
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan)/Gas Mark 4.
- Grease a 20 cm cake tin with olive oil and line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, almond flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs until they are light and frothy.
- Gradually whisk in the olive oil, orange wine, orange zest, and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake the cake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the tin for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cake has cooled, dust with powdered sugar or serve with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious orange wine and olive oil cake!