Recipe: Orange Wine Poached Pears
This recipe for Orange Wine Poached Pears is a perfect dessert for any occasion. The pears are poached in a sweet and fragrant mixture of orange wine, spices, and citrus zest, resulting in tender and juicy fruit that's bursting with flavour. Serve the pears warm with a drizzle of the poaching liquid and a dollop of whipped cream for an elegant and delicious dessert.
- 4 medium pears, peeled
- 1 can (250ml) of orange wine
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of water
- 1/2 cup (100g) of granulated sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthwise
- 2 strips of orange zest, removed with a vegetable peeler
- In a large saucepan, combine the orange wine, water, sugar, cinnamon stick, cloves, allspice, vanilla extract, orange zest, and lemon zest.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the pears to the saucepan and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the saucepan. Cook the pears for 20-30 minutes, or until they are tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove the pears from the poaching liquid and transfer them to a serving dish.
- Increase the heat to high and boil the poaching liquid until it is reduced by half and slightly syrupy.
- Pour the poaching liquid over the pears and let them cool slightly.
- Serve the pears warm with a drizzle of the poaching liquid and a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious and elegant Orange Wine Poached Pears!