Recipe: Orange wine poached salmon
Orange wine poached salmon is a light and flavourful dish that is perfect for a summer evening or a special occasion. Poaching the salmon in orange wine gives it a delicate and tangy flavour that pairs perfectly with fresh herbs and vegetables.
- 4 salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups orange wine
- 2 cups water
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
- In a large saucepan, combine the orange wine, water, onion, lemon, garlic, thyme, rosemary, and bay leaves. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the salmon fillets to the pot, making sure they are fully submerged in the liquid.
- Cover the pot and cook the salmon over low heat for 10-15 minutes, or until it is just cooked through.
- While the salmon is poaching, heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the sliced fennel and sauté until it is softened and slightly caramelised.
- Remove the salmon from the pot and place it on a serving dish.
- Spoon the fennel over the top of the salmon and pour some of the poaching liquid over the salmon and fennel.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired, and serve immediately.
Enjoy your delicious orange wine poached salmon with fennel and herbs!