Recipe: Orange wine roasted beets
Orange wine roasted beets are a delicious and colourful side dish that is perfect for any meal. Roasting beets in orange wine gives them a unique and tangy flavour that complements their natural sweetness. This recipe is easy to make and can be served warm or at room temperature.
- 4 medium beets, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup orange wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Fresh parsley or mint leaves, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan)/Gas Mark 6.
- In a bowl, toss the beet pieces with the orange wine, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the beet pieces in a single layer on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Roast the beets in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, or until they are tender and caramelised.
- While the beets are roasting, whisk together the honey and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl.
- Remove the beets from the oven and transfer them to a serving dish.
- Drizzle the honey and balsamic mixture over the beets and toss to coat.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or mint leaves, if desired, and serve warm or at room temperature.
Enjoy your delicious orange wine roasted beets!