Recipe: Vegan White Wine and Dijon Mustard Sauce for Tofu
This sauce is perfect for adding a tangy and flavorful kick to your tofu dishes. Made with white wine and Dijon mustard, it's a quick and easy sauce that's sure to impress.
- 1/4 cup (60ml) white wine (we recommend Defy Wine's Organic Italian White Wine)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons (30g) vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons (30g) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a small saucepan, combine the white wine and vegetable broth and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add the vegan butter and stir until melted and combined.
- Whisk in the Dijon mustard, salt, black pepper, and dried thyme.
- Continue to simmer the sauce for 3-4 minutes, or until it has thickened slightly and the alcohol has cooked off.
- Serve the sauce over your favourite tofu dish and enjoy!
Note: This sauce is also delicious with roasted vegetables or as a dip for bread.