Recipe: Vegan White Wine Garlic Mushroom Sauce
This Vegan White Wine Garlic Mushroom Sauce is the perfect topping for your favourite pasta dishes. Made with organic Italian white wine, sautéed garlic and mushrooms, and a hint of thyme, this sauce is rich, creamy, and packed with flavour. It's easy to make and can be prepared in under 30 minutes.
- 1 can (250ml) organic Italian white wine from Defy Wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté for 2-3 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and thyme to the pan, and cook for 5-7 minutes until the mushrooms are soft and tender.
- Pour in the white wine and simmer for 5-7 minutes until the liquid has reduced by half.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and cold water until smooth.
- Gradually add the cornstarch mixture to the pan, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
- Let the sauce simmer for another 5-7 minutes, or until it thickens to the desired consistency.
- Stir in the non-dairy milk and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot over your favourite pasta or vegetables and enjoy!