If you're looking for a delicious and easy way to elevate your Brussels sprouts, look no further than this vegan white wine braised Brussels sprouts recipe. Braising these little vegetables in white wine creates a beautifully rich and flavourful dish that is perfect for any occasion. Plus, it's vegan-friendly! This recipe is simple to make and perfect for a weeknight dinner or special occasion.
- 500g Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Defy's organic Italian white wine
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the Brussels sprouts to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper to the pan and stir to combine.
- Pour the white wine and vegetable broth into the pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the Brussels sprouts are tender and the liquid has reduced and thickened into a sauce.
- Serve hot and enjoy!