Recipe: Orange Wine Risotto
This Orange Wine Risotto is a luxurious and flavourful twist on the classic Italian dish. The orange wine adds a sweet and tangy note to the creamy risotto, while the Parmesan cheese and herbs give it a savoury depth. It's a perfect dish for a special occasion or a dinner party.
- 1 litre (4 cups) chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 can (250ml) orange wine from Defy Wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 300g (1 1/2 cups) Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan, heat the chicken or vegetable stock and orange wine over medium heat until it comes to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and keep the mixture warm.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add Arborio rice and stir to coat with oil.
- Gradually add the warm stock mixture, one ladleful at a time, stirring constantly and allowing each ladleful to be absorbed before adding the next.
- Continue stirring and adding stock for about 20-25 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and the mixture is creamy.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, butter, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!